ANIMAL HUSBANDRY DEPARTMENT
A PERSPECTIVE OF DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES
- The share of the Department of Animal Husbandry, Vellore in improving the social and economic status of the farmers is always noteworthy.
- 163 Units in this district are provided with artificial insemination technology where exotic bull semen that is processed is used to ensure maximum production to benefit the farmers.
- The knowledge of A2 milk and involvement in the conservation of indigenous breeds has spiked the production of semen of these breeds for distribution to the farmers.
- Frozen semen at Rs.10/- is been supplied at an economical price to the farmers and this is effective to produce cross breed heifer calves which improves the economic status of the farmer.
- To sustain the high production of milk from the cows, the animals had to be fed with ad libedum green fodder. The farmers with agricultural land are supplied with slips of fodder by this department. Moreover certified seeds are also supplied to them.
- The fodder such grown should also be effectively and scientifically used at the farmers’ end. So, chaff cutters are supplied by this department at a subsidized rate.
- Minerals play a vital role in the maintenance of animal health and production. So this department also supplies mineral mixture to the farmers.
- All the veterinary institutions are supplied with vaccines so as to achieve minimum mortality in this district. Medical and surgical cases are also performed in the institution.
VARIOUS SCHEMES / ACTIVITIES IN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY DEPARTMENT
- Free Distribution of Milch Cows
- Free Distribution of Goat & Sheep
- Foot & Mouth Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Cattle Insurance Scheme (CIS)
- Kalnadai Padhukappu Thittam (KPT)
- Assistance the States for Control of Animal Disease (ASCAD)
- National Animal Disease Reporting System (NADRS)
- Scheme for Poultry Development
- Broiler Poultry Development Scheme
- Rural Backyard Poultry Scheme (RBPS)
- Mission on Sustainable Dry land Agriculture (MSDA)
- State Fodder Development Scheme (SFDS)
- Rainfed / Irrigated
- Chaff Cutters
- Dry Fodder
- Mini Dairy Units
- Training for Artificial Insemination to Unemployed Youth
- Rehabilitation of Illicit Brewers with Milch Animals
- Milch Cows for Tribal People Welfare
- Erudhu Vidum Vizha
- Dog Show
- Government Exhibition
Right to Information Act – 2005:
If any information needed under RTI Act-2005 about Animal Husbandry Department (in Vellore Region) kindly contact below given address:
Public Information Officer / Regional Joint Director
Animal Husbandry Department,
Clinician Centre Compound,
Vellore – 632 004