Regional Transport Offices in Vellore District
In Vellore District there are 3 Regional Transport Offices are functioning such as Regional Transport Office, Vellore, Ranipet and Vaniyambadi. The Regional Transport Authority, Vellore has delegated the powers to the Secretaries, Regional Transport Authority, Vellore, Ranipet and Vaniyambadi for prompt, convenient function and despatch of work under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and rules made thereunder. All three Regional Transport Offices comprise Unit Office i.e. Motor Vehicle Inspector’s office, Unit Office Gudiyattam and two Check Posts Katpadi and Serkadu are functioning under the control of Regional Transport Office, Vellore, Unit office, Arakonam is functioning under the control of Regional Transport Office, Ranipet and Unit Offices Ambur and Thirupathur are functioning under the control of Regional Transport Office, Vaniyambadi.
As on today 46,475 transport vehicles and 7,33,782 non transport vehicles are being maintained in the above three offices. Nearly 6,400 new vehicles are registered every month and approximately 4,800 Driving Licence are issued every month in this office. Driving test are conducted at the testing track which was constructed within the office premises to test the driving skills of the applicant. Driving Licences are issued only to the deserved candidates.
The following works are being carried out in this Office
- Issue of Learner’s Licence, Driving License and Conductor Licence etc.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles, Renewal of Registration Certificate etc.
- Issue of Fitness Certificate and Renewal of Fitness Certificate etc.
- Issue of National Goods Carriage Permit, Goods Carriage Permit, Contract Carriage Permit (Tourist Taxi, Maxi Cab, Autorickshaw, Share Auto, etc), Educational Institution Bus, Private Service Vehicle, etc.
- Checking of all classes of Motor Vehicles for Road Safety aspects and collecting Compounding fee for offences.
- Action taken against the Driving Licence holders who involved in fatal accident, drunken drive, over speed, without helmet and violation of Traffic Rules.
- Celebration of Road Safety week in the month of January every year to make awareness among the public.
- Checking of Pollution Testing Centre, Emergency Accident Relief Centre etc.
Procedure to obtain the benefit/Service :
- Services regarding Driving License and Conductor License – http://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Services regarding New Registration Starting number and to know your jurisdiction – http://tnsta.gov.in/transport/
- Services regarding Rate of Tax , RTO office forms download – http://tn.gov.in/sta/
|Contact Details:Name/Designation||Contact Number||Email ID||Address|
|Regional Transport Office, Vellore||0416 – 2252040||Rtotn23[at]nic[dot]in||Regional Transport office, No 482, Phase II, TNHB Sathuvachari, Vellore, Vellore District -632009.|
|Unit Office, Gudiyatham||04324 – 225200||Rtotn23z[at]nic[dot]in||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I,Unit Office, Polytechnic Koot Road, Gudiyatham, Vellore district-632602|
|Checkpost, Katpadi||0416-2295549||katpadirtocp[at]gamail.com||Vellore To Chittoor Main road,Periyaputhur Po,Mettukulam, Katpadi, Vellore – 632059.|
|Checkpost, Ranipet [at] Serkadu||0416-2274355||serkadurtocp[at]gmail.com||Motor Vehicle Inspector (NT),Vallimalai Koot road, Serkadu ,Vellore-632115.|
|Regional Transport Office, Ranipet||04172-273087||Rtotn73[at]nic[dot]in||Regional Transport office, National High Way-4, Bharathi Nagar, Ranipet, 632401.|
|Unit Office, Arakonam||04177-236700||Rtotn73z[at]nic[dot]in||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office, Arakonam, No.5/48-A, Vallalar Street,Jothi Nagar, Arakonam 631001|
|Regional Transport Office, Vaniyambadi||04324 – 288477||Rtotn83[at]nic[dot]in||Regional Transport office, Vaniyambadi-Thirpattur Salai, Opposite Jain Ladies College, Chinnavepampattu, Vaniyambadi-635751, Vellore Dt,|
|Unit Office, Thirupathur||04174-247615||Rtotn83z[at]nic[dot]in||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office, Mukundhan Nagar , Housing Board , Tirupattur.|
|Unit Office, Ambur||04179-227797||Rtotn83y[at]nic[dot]in||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office, No 78/1,M C Road, opposite to Oriental School, Ambur.|
Road safety and Avoiding Road Accidents :
- In order to improve the knowledge, and creating awareness among the public on road safety, transport department has introduced a system, which contains, importance of road signals, signs and its regular usage on roads. Every applicant for l.l.r. Must possess this knowledge and this has been tested by the computer. After passing this test, only LLR will be issued to the applicant.
- Driving Licence will be issued only when the applicant possess sufficient knowledge, about road signal, signs and its usage in road.
- For the past ten years, the transport department celebrating “road safety week” from 1st to7th January of every year. This contains following programmes.
- Free eye test camps conducted by the eye specialists for drivers
- Conducting special procession to create road safety awareness and distributing pamphlets to the public. Carrying out special checks on overload and over speed.
- Carrying out combined checks with officials of pollution board against dazzling head lights and against usage of air horns.
- Conducting special competition test on road safety at the school / college levels.
- Conducting special classes at selected schools / colleges in connection with road safety
Right to Information Act 2005
Details of Public Information Officers in Transport Department.
|Name of the Office||Public Information Officer||Appellate Authority|
|Regional Transport Office, Vellore||Personal Assistant to Regional Transport Officer||Regional Transport officer,|
|Unit Office, Gudiyatham||Superintendent||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I,Unit Office,|
|Checkpost, Katpadi||Assistant||Motor Vehicle Inspector, NT|
|Checkpost, Ranipet [at] Serkadu||Assistant||Motor Vehicle Inspector, NT|
|Regional Transport Office, Ranipet||Personal Assistant to Regional Transport Officer||Regional Transport officer,|
|Unit Office, Arakonam||Superintendent,||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office,|
|Regional Transport Office, Vaniyambadi||Personal Assistant to Regional Transport Officer||Regional Transport officer,|
|Unit Office, Thirupathur||Superintendent,||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office,|
|Unit Office, Ambur||Superintendent,||Motor Vehicle Inspector Gr.I, Unit Office,|